Capital Pawn has teamed up with owner Kevin from Tick Licker Firearms to start up our CHL classes again.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Next class is June 15th from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Classes to be held once a month
- Dates beyond June are TBD
- Will be held mid-month
- $40 cash per person
- Must be 21+
- Sign up here at Capital Pawn, 3335 Commercial St SE, Salem, OR
- DO NOT bring a firearm to this class!
- You will not need one
What the class consists of:
- Upon arrival, you will sign a course registration
- Overview of basic safety rules
- A 10 question test at the end
- This will be a review of what you learned throughout the class
- Before leaving, you will receive a certification of completion
- You then have to turn it in to the Sheriff’s Office to receive your CHL (Concealed Handgun License)
- As of May 2nd, 2016, a legislative request has been APPROVED for “programming that will pull background check transactions associated with a valid and current Concealed Handgun License (CHL) holder to the top of the queue for processing.”
- Just so you know, Capital Pawn instigated this request (that’s the fun part for us; we love making our customers happy!)
- Meaning, if you are buying a gun and have your CHL, you will be bumped to the top of the list when your background check is submitted.
- That’s like being on the VIP list!
Become a VIP and earn your CHL as early as next month!